**When applying with Frontier Coop, it is not necessary to enter work history on application form if resume is uploaded.
Position exists to provide additional leadership and support to the quality manager. Responsible for ensuring compliance with government and third party standards and regulations. Maintains a current knowledge base of existing and emerging regulations, standards and other governmental and trade requirements.
- Has a critical role in assuring product safety, quality and continuous improvement and assists with the development, implementation, review and maintenance of quality systems.
- Stays current with changes to regulations and standards, including Food and Drug Administration, Code of Federal Regulations, NSF International, organic and kosher regulations and standards, and other governmental and trade requirements.
- Stays current with product labeling requirements.
- Submits compliance reports to regulatory organizations or assists with the coordination of responses with regulatory authorities.
- Performs internal audits on effectiveness of compliance policies. Ensures any non-conformities are addressed.
- Works cooperatively and efficiently with other departments to meet the overall objectives of the company.
- Represents quality assurance on cross-functional teams.
- Provides information and support to quality control, purchasing, customer service, marketing, sales and other groups as needed.
- Answers customer questions and provides intra-departmental support.
- Completes information requests, internal and customer.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making across the organization.
- Strong project management abilities. Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet project deadlines.
- Assists manager in resolving day-to-day issues and remains flexible.
- Assists with vendor qualificiation program.
- Attends and assists third party audits.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- May provide leadership and assign tasks to area workers as directed.
- Follows and ensures employee compliance with all company policies and procedures, including standard procedures for safety, quality, efficiency, as well as financial and customer business expectations.
- Leads by example in work style and performance, as well as maintaining a positive and professional attitude.
- Communicates respectfully and honestly with others.
- Strives to reduce waste, recycle products whenever possible, and re-use resources when practical.
- Works safely at all times, follows safety rules and policies and participates in scheduled training.
- Reports injuries and near misses promptly and in required detailed format; proposes corrective action.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides functional supervision 10-20% of their time by directing the work activity of other employees, but is not responsible for hiring, termination, evaluation, pay decisions, or corrective action.
- Takes responsibility for safety within department and actively assesses hazards in their department and finds solutions to those hazards.
- Reinforces a safety culture: leads by example, reminds employees to work safely, praises good behavior and safe practices, encourages suggestions, communicates consequences for unsafe acts, holds employees accountable, disciplines employees when warranted.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university; and 1 to 3 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, reports and memos. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with a variety of people and respond to basic questions in situations where common courtesy and tact are needed.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret bar graphs. Ability to use a computer to create spreadsheets and charts, and run reports.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and work independently.
- Good organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work within team concept.
- Familiarity with Word, Excel and database software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and/or fingers to type, handle, or feel and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and view a computer monitor or video display. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision, necessary to evaluate products effectively.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.