**When applying with Frontier Coop, it is not necessary to enter work history on application form if resume is uploaded.
Responsible for planning, implementing, and maintaining a nurturing and supportive educational program for children attending the Frontier Children’s Center, while following policies and guidelines set forth by Frontier and the Iowa Department of Human Services. Must be flexible in working in classrooms of different age levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists Child-care Manager in making decisions concerning staffing, program evaluation, and compliance and image issues.
- Plans and implements lesson plans in keeping with program performance standards, developmentally appropriate practices, component plans, and children’s interests and skill levels that is conducive to meeting children’s individual needs and learning abilities.
- Ensures that child care routines are carried out in a manner that is prompt, hygienic, and consistent with good child development principles. This includes routines related to diapering, potty training, hand washing, eating, napping, and transitioning between activities. Also, providing activities that promote individual self-expression in conversation, imaginative play, and creativity.
- Strives to reduce waste, recycle products whenever possible, and re-use resources when practical.
- Works safely at all times, follows safety rules and policies and participates in scheduled training.
- Reports injuries and near misses promptly and in required detailed format; proposes corrective action.
- Other duties as assigned
- Greeting children and parents upon arrival and departure each day.
- Completing requests for all supplies to center director
- Signing children in and out on In/Out Sheet
- Completing accident/illness forms as necessary
- Following procedure and forms for reporting suspected child abuse
- Completing weekly plans and turn into center director the prior week
- Ensuring parents receive adequate information about their child’s experiences at the center through daily contacts and written notes.
- Completing all medication forms as required
- Sanitizing all equipment and toys as scheduled
- Monthly, assist in conducting fire and tornado drills and record
- Maintaining clean and safe environment for children which includes their work displayed and a cheerful atmosphere
- Supervise and interact with children during free play time and gym/outside time
- Conduct necessary housekeeping duties after each meal and end of the day; and when assigned be responsible for afternoon snack clean-up
- Respects and understands all individuals; and maintains confidentiality in dealing with other personnel and children’s issues/files
- Participating in staff meetings and sharing information gained through attendance at workshops and professional reading
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
6+ months experience with children
Ability to read and comprehend simple notices and instructions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate.