We are currently seeking an Engineering Automation Technician to join our team. Now more than 40,000 member-owners strong, we’re dedicated to sourcing and packaging the highest quality spices, herbs and botanical products through our Frontier Co-op, Simply Organic® and Aura Cacia® brands. We’re driven by a simple purpose: to do good by our people and planet. And to create a stronger company built on a commitment to quality and sustainability.
The Engineering Automation Technician contributes to the success of the organization by supporting manufacturing operations as a technician and controls system designer. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Engineering Automation Technician will be instrumental in the design, support and optimization of control systems and processes that are mission-critical to the continued growth and evolution of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, develop, install, and test manufacturing automation control systems
- Provide timely and effective engineering support to all manufacturing operations for control system applications
- Update, modify and continuously improve control systems
- Provide expertise to support efficiency, quality, safety, and throughput improvements through optimization of control system functionality
- Create and revise electrical drawings (electronic and print variants)
- Troubleshooting processing, packaging, distribution, and warehousing equipment problems and participate in the formulation of solutions.
- Ensure electrical and controls installations and operations are in accordance with relevant guidelines, codes, and safety requirements (NFPA 70,79 etc.)
- Prepare documentation (e.g. RFQs, BOMs, control narratives, purchase orders, etc.) for the purpose of providing written support and/or conveying information.
- Assist in the qualification and procurement of hardware and software solutions
- Analyze project requirements and perform technical calculations necessary for control system design and solution qualification
- Coordinate controls-oriented maintenance activities, as needed, with production departments to insure uninterrupted plant operations.
- Coordinate and manage, as needed, support from outside contractors and equipment manufacturers.
- Performs expert-level troubleshooting of controls systems and equipment.
- Supports initiatives to increase output, standardization, and repeatability of designs and programs through developing and continuously improving engineering tools and work processes.
- Actively engage in RCA events, CI activities and tracking of Machine Downtime.
- Reports injuries and near misses promptly and in required detailed format; proposes corrective action.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates/Bachelor’s degree with an automation/controls or Electrical Engineering discipline and 3 years of related experience in specific industry preferred; or equivalent work experience in specific industry. Preferred candidate would have:
- Prior experience using project management software a plus.
- Prior experience using Rockwell Automation programming software.