Do you have a passion for Marketing & Brand Strategy and want to start in a position that provide you with growth & development opportunities?
Do you want to work for a company that encourages an entrepreneurial spirit and supports your passion for sustainability and natural products?
If so, then Frontier Co-op is for you. Since 1976, Frontier Co-op has been showing the world that Doing Good, Works.
We are currently seeking a Director of Strategy to join our team in Norway, Iowa. Now more than 40,000 member-owners strong, we’re dedicated to sourcing and packaging the highest quality spices, herbs and botanical products through our Frontier Co-op, Simply Organic® and Aura Cacia® brands. We’re driven by a simple purpose: to do good by our people and planet. And to create a stronger company built on a commitment to quality and sustainability.
Works with brand team to organize and lead the effort to develop both short and long term brand strategies for the Essentials business unit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with VP of marketing and brand team to lead and facilitate the formulation and development of the Essentials business unit strategy to leverage the current businesses strengths while identifying key areas of focus and opportunity.
- Analyze primary and secondary research (including Nielsen scan data) to identify trends and white space for the essentials business that can inform short term and long term priorities and product focus.
- Work with sales and marketing teams to understand and identify key areas of opportunity for top retailers in brick and mortar and ecommerce to help inform brand and product winning strategies.
- Identify and manage third party strategic partners to assist in development of a new vision for Essentials business unit.
- Take the lead role in developing and executing all trade and consumer research to inform and test key strategic concepts and identify white space for the Essentials business unit.
- As a member of the marketing team expanding the product line and retailer programs, this role will also include a variety of additional support responsibilities in everything from new product launches to retailer programs to consumer marketing on an as needed basis.
- Work to identify opportunities for control brands and private label.
- MBA required with minimum 5-10 years CPG personal care brand management and/or sales experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with the development and execution of quantitative and qualitative research.